Sunday, March 19, 2023

The HISTORY OF THE HOBBIT is #1

 So, today Janice pointed out to me that the new edition of my HISTORY OF THE HOBBIT is the #1 best seller, by some definitions of #1. Specifically, if you go to 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Hobbit-J-R-R-Tolkien/dp/0007440820/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=history+of+the+hobbit&qid=1679253448&sprefix=history+of+the+hobbit%2Caps%2C226&sr=8-1

and go to the category IN CRITICISM ON NOVELS & NOVELISTS, you'll find it in the #1 spot.



by  J.R. R. Tolkien  (Author), John D. Rateliff  (Author)



Have to say I'm really happy about that.
Thanks to all who bought the book. 
I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
(but that it takes you less time than it did me)


--John R.


1 comment:

OnTheTrail said...

Congrats John. It is great that the book is seeing renewed interest. I noticed in the last couple of years people were asking about the various editions (especially on Reddit) so I hope the new edition finally caught many of them to purchase the One Volume edition (the definitive edition).

I relented and am waiting for mine to arrive. I say relented because I have your original two volumes, plus the One Volume, plus the Brief History. But the cover John, the cover :-)

Congrats again.