Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Kalamazoo 2023

 So, today the program book for this year's Medieval Congress at Kalamazoo arrived. This year I plan on attending but won't be presenting. There'll be plenty of Tolkien content, so there will be lots to hear and see. I'm particularly looking forward to a session on Tolkien as an editor of medieval texts* and a roundtable on Christopher as an editor. Now to look through more carefully over the next few days and draw up a schedule of the panels and sessions I'd like to attend.

And of course there are people I enjoy seeing whom I only see here, once a year; it'll be good to hear what they've been working on.

--John R.

--current reading: ALWAYS GOING HOME by Le Guin (1985)


*This one interests me because I presented on this topic a few years back but afterwards never went back and finished the piece.

1 comment:

Doug Kane said...

Who is on the panel for the roundtable discussion about Christopher's work as an editor. That is, obviously, a subject that I have considerable interest in.

Doug