Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Off Deadline

So, Saturday I finished up a big project that I'd been working on off and on for some time now.

Monday I got the file off to the publisher. It ran to 174 pages, or some 84,000 words -- a fairly substantial volume.

Now to write a mini-bio -- the inevitable accompaniment to any turnover -- and wait to hear back from the publisher. 

In the meantime, I've started the next project, which is much more limited in scope; I expect it to run about 5,000 words and I have about three months to get the work done in. I take it as a good sign that I had no trouble finding the notes and synopsis for this one, right where I put them aside when I sketched out the piece last September.

Also good to learn that some eye trouble doesn't appear to have any major effect my ability to type or read.

More to come as the project makes its way through the printing process.

--John R.

current reading: A NIGHT IN THE LONESOME OCTOBER by Roger Zelazny.

temporarily abandoned book: LETTERS TO A FRIEND by T. H. White (1982)



No comments: