Wednesday, May 18, 2022

The new DARK TOWER

So, last night my friends at the Monday night D&D game shared the news that the new edition of DARK TOWER by Janell Jaquays is now up as a Kickstarter. I'm a big fan of this gem from the legendary Judges Guild --it was actually the first D&D module I bought, and I still have my original copy.

Looks like I'm not the only one who admires this classic. According to the Kickstarter site, with twenty-seven days out the goal of $10,000 has been blown past. The amount pledged is now $318,959 from two thousand, four hundred and thirty-three different people.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/devillich/original-adventures-reincarnated-7-the-dark-tower


On a personal note, I was happy to see my name atop the list of people who contributed essays praising the adventure: Mine was a short piece setting the adventure within the context of those far-off days.


What's in the Book?

Volume one of the three-volume slipcase contains a reprint of the original Dark Tower adventure from 1979, plus introductory essays by John Rateliff, Eric Mona, Justin Alexander, James Maliszewski, Jon Taco Hershberger, Stephen NEwton, and others"


So, glad to see Goodman Games is carrying on their mission to celebrate the old days by making the classics available again, in their original form but also updated or the current rules stystem.


--John R


--

No comments: