Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Jasper



So, we bought a new car. 

The old car had served us well -- we got it around the time I started this blog (its arrival being announced in one of my earliest posts herein). Being responsible car owners we've re-homed it to a new owner who shd get the good out of it.

I've given up driving, mainly because of the eyes, but Janice drove me over to a nearby park-and-ride (deserted on a Sunday) where I cd get behind the wheel and putter around a bit to get a sense of how it feels. Think this will be a good car for us for a long time to come.

As for Jasper, I was trying to think of a name. Given that it's color is a kind of metallic yellowy green I'd been inclined for Verne when Janice pointed out that this color was officially 'jasper'. So, for the time being at least, Jasper it is.

--John R.

P.S. Thanks to Janice for the picture.

 current reading: Heinlein's TUNNEL IN THE SKY

No comments: