Saturday, May 13, 2017

A Year Ago Today

So, it was a year ago today -- the Friday night and Saturday morning of the Medieval Congress here at Kalamazoo -- that I lost the lucky coin I always, always carry around with me, only to have it rescued and restored to me the next day by Vaughn Howland (cf. my post at the time, 'Vaughn is my hero')


http://sacnoths.blogspot.com/2016/05/vaughn-is-my-hero.html


 Vaughn died a few months ago, but he's in my thoughts today. For one thing, he knew about, and thoroughly approved of, the festschrift project.


He was one of the Good Guys, and he will be missed.


--John R.
--most recent book purchase at Kalamazoo: Neidorf's THE TRANSMISSION OF BEOWULF.



1 comment:

John D. Rateliff said...

VERLYN FLIEGER WROTE

Hi John, Thanks for remembering. I remember that day too. And Vaughn. Verlyn