Thursday, August 10, 2023

Mr. Scrabble and the Scholar






So, yesterday we drove up to Arlington to drop off a donation for the Black Cat Ball at the main Purrfect Pals shelter. Although we volunteer at the Renton adoption center weekly, we only get up to Arlington once every three or so years. Naturally we took the opportunity to visit the dozen or so cats in the main room. They ranged from please-don't-touch-just now to v. sociable (pet-me-pet-me, pet-me). My favorite* was Scrabble,** a sixteen-year-old strong-minded charmer. As you can see from the picture Janice took, he loves to ride on shoulders, the better to rub one side of your face and purr in your ear. Here's hoping he finds a home where they'll appreciate a cat that really wants to share time with its people.

--John R.


*as in I wd take this cat home if we had the space, which we don't; we cd grow old and decrepit together

**though I'd probably rename him Doctor Tarr after the Alan Parsons Project song and Edgar Poe story

No comments: