Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Tea Tree Blooms

So, Thursday I discovered that the tea plant (a gift a year or two ago from Anne & Sig) had two little flowers on it. I know Anne and Sig's tea plant had bloomed earlier this year, and had assumed ours didn't because it was still struggling.

No longer the case, I think. There were two tiny blossoms, more like an apple blossom than a camellia: white petals with a yellow center, and what looked like a third blossom on the way. I took some photos and will try to figure out how to upload them, in which case I'll add them as an update at the end of this post. Just in case I don't succeed, as seems likely, here as the next best thing is a painting of a tea tree blossom:


--John R.
current audiobook: THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
current reading: PICTURING TOLKIEN (last essay!), RENDER UNTO ROME, GILGAMESH.

No comments: