Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Ready for Kalamazoo

So, the day before yesterday I completed my paper for Kalamazoo, "The Flat Earth Made Round and Tolkien's Failure to Finish THE SILMARILLION'. It's a good feeling to have it all done and printed out, ready for delivery.

I'm scheduled to deliver it Saturday at 3.30 as the third of three speakers on a panel; as you can see, I'm in v. gd company.

If you happen to be in the neighborhood, drop by and let me know what you think.

--John R.

Session 449 Tolkien’s Legendarium and Medieval Cosmology, Saturday 3:30 BERNHARD BROWN & GOLD ROOM 
Organizer: Judy Ann Ford, Texas A&M Univ.–Commerce Presider: Judy Ann Ford 
“It Lies Behind the Stars”: Situating Tolkien’s Work within the Aesthetics of Medieval Cosmology 
Connie Tate, Texas A&M Univ.–Commerce 
Cynewulf, Copernicus, and Conjunctions: The Problem of Cytherean Motions in Tolkien’s Medieval Cosmology 
Kristine Larsen, Central Connecticut State Univ. 
Binding Faerie with the Chains of Time: Tolkien’s Failure to Finish The Silmarillion John D. Rateliff, Independent Scholar 

P.S.: I shd have mentioned that the title of my paper has changed, its focus have shifted somewhat in the writing. Which is unusual for me; usually I have the title for a piece v. early on and it stays the same all the way through publication.




No comments: