Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Seattle's Antiquarian Book Fair (October 14th & 15th)

 So, it's that time of year again when booksellers of old, rare, or unusual books gather down at the Seattle Center to offer up for sale everything from historical documents (e.g., signed letters from presidents and authors*), pulp magazines (need to fill out missing issues of Weird Tales?), and of course old books or those with regional connections. 

In past visits I've found such items as early books by Leiber, Hodgson's CARNACKI THE GHOST FINDER,  and several Arkham House collections by Clark Ashton Smith. 

Perhaps best of all is the discovery of books I didn't know about before running across them at some dealer's display. We're having a busy October of it so far and may not make it this year, but if we do I know that in a few hours of exploring the offerings I'll find more books than I can afford or find space for. We'll see how it goes, esp.  with my current resolve to balance the number of books coming in with that of those going out. 

Here's the link.

http://www.seattlebookfair.com

--John R.


*It's where we bought our Tolkien letter years ago, before the price shot up


No comments: