Saturday, July 23, 2022

SLAYING THE DRAGON Review

 So, poking about on YouTube the other day (as one does), I came across a video review of Riggs' new book on the site GREYHAWK GROGNARD. In brief, this champion of TSR's early game world in general and Gary  Gygax's contributions in particular considers this a pretty good book, but faults it for being insufficiently deferential to Gygax on the one hand and for not portraying Lorraine Williams as a fiend in human form on the other.  

In other news, I've been reading through the book, taking my time so as to enjoy the journey.

Plus, I got rid of seventeen boxes of books last week, so I now have that much more space to sort out the next lot. 

Here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE9a-OtsqXo&t=30s

--John R.

current reading: Ben Riggs' book.

No comments: