Saturday, April 30, 2022

The Tipping Point

So, this week I've been putting in a lot of time in the ongoing project of sorting things down in the box room. Then Thursday  I made a realization. I'm pretty sure that I'm now more than half way through. There's still a lot to do, but I've gotten more done than remains to do.

Things I've got sorted and out the door include most of the miniatures, and boardgames, and card games, and anime, and manga, and non-TSR rpgs (lots of these), and D&D boxed sets and modules and rulebooks, and lots and lots and lots of books. 

This latest round has involved moving boxes that had been blocking shelves. Now I've got access for sorting my row of Judges Guild modules, plus the shelf of Mayfair Role Aids. Plus what I think are full runs of Chaosium's fiction lines (Cthulhian and Arthurian), not to mention over a hundred old TSR novels, of which I'm keeping eight. And a lot of books, some of them scholarly works on fantasy, going back all the way to my first (abandoned) dissertation topic.  

Many boxes remain, but once I've got the current stacks of books double-checked and boxed up and off that'll open up some space to work. So, progress.

--John R.

current reading: AMONGST OUR WEAPONS (the latest Rivers of London book with its Monty Python title; just finished) and  THE SECRET COMMONWEALTH (Philip Pullman's sequel to HIS DARK MATERIALS; just started).

No comments: