Tuesday, March 26, 2019

God Bless Good Samaritans

So, a heartfelt thanks to all the good people out there.

For example, those who help people stuck in an upside-down car.

As in, one that had flipped over after being struck by someone running a red light.


I'm glad to say that everyone's mostly alright, thanks to seat belts doing exactly what they're supposed to do.


So today marks two firsts for me. It's the first time I've been in a car that rolled over on its roof, leaving us suspended by our seat belts. And it's the first time I've ridden in the back of a police car (the officers investigating the crash insisting on driving me to my hotel).

I hope your day was much less eventful than mine.

--John R.


P.S.: Janice is fine, being in Kent, while I'm in the middle of my research trip here in Milwaukee

1 comment:

Wurmbrand said...

Whew! May you come no longer than this to hurtling over the Bridge of Khazad-Dum.