Sunday, October 5, 2014

The MONSTER MANUAL is Out!

So, Friday  I picked up the second of the three core rulebooks for the new Fifth Edition DUNGEONS & DRAGONS at my friendly neighborhood Barnes & Noble.

Skimming through, I find much to be pleased about. Most of the classics are here, including a lot that got sidelined with Third and subsequent Editions. Almost all the iconic 1st edition monsters are here, and only a few that debuted as late as Third. All this is to the good: I'd go so far as to say that the new MONSTER MANUAL is far more redolent of the good old days of 1st edition than is the PLAYER'S HANDBOOK.

More when I've had a chance to do more skimming.

And now to board a plane for Milwaukee, a place where I once played a great deal of D&D, back in the day.

--John R.
currently reading "Filming the Ghost" by Jonathan Howard.

No comments: