Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pictures of Rigby

I've already shared the news that we lost little RIgby, our senior cat, last Friday. I've been meaning to write up a remembrance of her but find I can't bring myself to do so -- too many good memories to choose from, too much grief at the sudden finality of it all. So instead I thought I'd share some photos Janice turned up a few weeks back, of Rigby and Parker together when she was just a little kitten who'd newly joined our household. My memory said that they didn't get along at first, and it was only through a mutual admiration for sitting in Janice's lap, and working out a way they could both do so at the same time while not officially taking cognizance of the other's presence, that they gradually came to terms with each other. I see from these photos that this was not altogether the case: that Parker showed her the ropes from early on and was much more tolerant of giving up his only-cat status than I remembered.

Here are the pictures:





#1. two cats with two bowls = harmony. Or, little cat see, little cat do.
--note Rigby's dappled fur, almost like a fawn's.

















#2. harmony, part two: I'll eat while you drink





#3. The best water comes dripping from the sink.
 --'and the Rigby, she was up the slope, taking notice'





#4. And afterwards, there's nothing like a game of D-and-D. and a box. and a comfy couch.

More later
--JDR


























2 comments:

Miriel said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Miriel said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely kitty!