Tuesday, October 15, 2024

TOLKIEN AND LEWIS PLAY

So, the Taproot Theatre, a local theatrical group we enjoy getting to occasionally, has announced they'll be staging a  Tolkien / Lewis themed play, called simply LEWIS AND TOLKIEN. 

Written by Dean Batoli, whose work I don't know (apparently BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER scripts figured in largely), it imagines a chance meeting between CSL and JRRT at some point after the Inklings towards the end of Lewis's life. Sounds like it has potential. At any rate, I plan to go, so here's hoping it's good.

DATE: January 22nd through February 22nd, 2025

THE SEASON: just to give a better idea of what Taproot's like, the four other plays that make up this season are 

A RAISIN IN THE SUN (not my kind of thing), 

The Patsy Cline Story (likewise), 

MURDER ON THE LINKS (Poirot stories can be fun, but I'm doubtfull about their choice of a murder mystery play set on a golf course), and 

THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST (which I've seen more than once, and read several more times; the problem here is deciding how many times I want to see the same play). 

I guess we'll find out

--John R








No comments: