Thursday, October 10, 2024

I Am Podded

 So, thanks to Ben Riggs, author of SLAYING THE DRAGON 

(a highly entertaining account of the fall of TSR)

and Gareth Hanrahan, whose work I'm not familiar with

 (his work on The One Ring rpg sounds particularly interesting), I got to enjoy an hour's online discussion of LotR. Ben has since posted the discussion in both audio/video form, complete with close captions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOa8nrmVxQ


I can see that I need to learn more about the One Ring rpg and see what the current license holders have done with the newest in a long line of Tolkien rpg. Sounds like the Shire starter set is a good place to start, if I can find it.  More on this somewhere back the road.

--John R.*


*bonus points: Ben knows how to pronounce my name

No comments: