Friday, March 6, 2020

One Hundred Boxes

So, I think I passed a milestone sometime this week. I did a rough count of the boxes that remain to be sorted down in the Box Room, and came up with a result of one hundred boxes. That figure may be off a bit one way or the other, but at least it gives an idea of where things stand: I've made real progress. There's still a long way to go, but I think it may now have something of the feel of a countdown.

My goal, by the way, is twofold: to get the clutter under control and to have the material be accessible. It'll also take up much less space after the sort-out.

I do have a private list in my head of a few specific items that I consider rewards, like the old reel-to-reel tape of his songs my father left behind.* It'll be a happy day when each of these emerges from its matrix back into the light of day.


--John R.
--current reading: RAVENMASTER (not a fantasy novel, as you might guess from the title, but an account by the man who takes care of the Ravens at the Tower of London.

*I do have a cassette copy I made of this in 1978, but it's become increasingly age-distorted over the years.


No comments: