Wednesday, September 25, 2019

a day at Marquette

So, today I started out the day by saving a roly-poly that was trying to cross a busy sidewalk.

Then later on in the Archives I found out there was another transcription in Tollkien's calligraphic hand of The King's Letter, a dual-language (English/Elvish) text but not in tengwar. That makes four tengwar texts and two non-tengwar.

Then this evening I took part in a podcast, the topic of which was the collapse of TSR at the end of 1996.

All in all, a good day. Now if tomorrow I can just get all the texts of The Epilogue (or, more correctly, both versions of The Epilogue) properly sequenced.

Also on the agenda: see if I can do anything about the disconcertedly bloodshot eye I've had for the past few days.

--John R.
--current reading: C. L. Moores stories originally published in WEIRD TALES circa 1937 and some more of the Virginia Woolf story fragments, dating just a few years later (mostly circa 1940), the most interesting of which tells of a man who tries to picture what a woman he doesn't know is like based on the marginalia she has added to various library books he checks out.

No comments: