Saturday, January 6, 2024

Speaking of Vinyl . . .

So, before I bought the new single mentioned in my previous post, it'd been a long time since I last bought vinyl. And once again it was The Beatles, specifically The Beatles on the BBC, Part Two, which I rarely listened to,* and that usually on cd for its convenience. 

 

I still have my old records, and still listen to them, though not as much as I used to.


I'm not sure how many, it never having occurred to me to count them. A quick resort to a measuring tape shows that my old singles fill two shoeboxes of about ten inches each. I have no idea how many .45s that wd be. Similarly the albums take up about four feet of shelf-space, and once again I don't know how many albums that makes. 

 

I suspect I'll be pulling these out and listening to them a good deal while I'm in the mood.

 

--John R. 

 

*though in the last week or so I've been listening to it and finding it much better than I remembered, especially if I skip through the chatty interludes. Think I'll be listening to this quite a bit in days to come.

 

 

No comments: