Thursday, May 11, 2023

Now at Kalamazoo

 So, I'm now at Kalamazoo. 

So far I've gotten their internet to accept my laptop (twice) --which I'll need, since some sessions at in-person, some virtual, and some mixed.

I've also Seen Someone I Know (in this case, Brad Eden)

and had my first poke into the Dealers' Room.

If shd surprise no one that I bought two books within the first ten minutes:

THE MYTHOPOEIC CODE OF TOLKIEN: A XIAN PLATONIC READING OF THE LEGENDARIUM by Jyrki Korpua 

and

HOW TO MISUNDERSTAND TOLKIEN: THE CRITICS AND THE FANTASY MASTER by Bruno Bacelli.

Last of all, I looked at the program book some more and tested the hang-out and socialize virtual room being hosted by Luke Shelton (hi Luke).

Now for some lunch, or at least a cup of tea, and then this afternoon it's off for the afternoon CSL session.

--John R.

--current reading: THE BATTLE OF MALDON by JRRT 

No comments: