Wednesday, August 10, 2022

A Class on THE HOBBIT (Flieger / Rateliff)

 So, here's something I've been looking forward to: an online class on J. R. R. Tolkien's THE HOBBIT. 

 I'll be co-teaching this one with Verlyn Flieger. 

The name of the class is "The Hobbit: How It All Began" .

It's hosted by Politics and Prose bookstore in D.C. and will meet four times:

    Sunday September 11th

    Sunday September 18th

    Sunday October 2nd, and

    Sunday October 9th.

Each class runs for an hour and a half, from two o'clock to three -thirty Eastern Time.

If you're interested in joining us, here's the link to the official announcement:


https://www.politics-prose.com/class/online-class-hobbit-how-it-all-began-22110


--John R

current reading: GAME WIZARDS by Peterson, and excerpts from TALES FROM WATERSHIP DOWN by Richard Adams.



2 comments:

Doug Kane said...

I'm disappointed that, like Verlyn's previous class on The Silmarillion, it is at a time that I can't do. I'm sure that it will be a great class and I am sorry to miss it. I couldn't think of a better pair to co-teach such a class!

Doug

Zenopus Archives said...

I'm signed up for this class, and looking forward to joining in from the comfort of my hobbit hole.