Saturday, February 20, 2016

In Medias

So, I've been immersed in my NODENS paper lately, and it's occupied my time and attention to the extent that I haven't been doing much of anything else, including posting. Luckily I've now reached the mid-point and from here on out expect to pick up the pace as I move from discussing authors like Wm Bathurst, Ch. King, Jn Rhys, and Mortimer Wheeler to instead dealing with Machan, Ellis, Lovecraft, and of course Tolkien.

And then of course there's Verlyn's festschrift: I'm happy to report that five people have actually gotten their contributions in early. Most of the rest should come in during the next few weeks. Having been impressed by the proposals, and the pieces already submitted so far, I'm really looking forward to reading the whole set of essays and seeing the book take shape. Expect to hear off and on about this project for some time to come.

--John R.
current reading: all over the place

No comments: