Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Off to Kalamazoo!

So, I'm on the road, on my way to Kalamazoo. Today was the plane ride (less terrifying than usual*) followed by some time in Milwaukee. Got to spend a few hours in the Marquette Archives, where I started a new project that's good for an on-again, off-again rhythm of spurts of work during visits separated by months at a time. Also got to catch up some with my friend Jim (hi, Jim), who I don't get to see nearly often enough.

I'm now in the hotel, having made some tea and read through my piece for the roundtable but finding three hour's sleep last night means I'd be better off waiting until tomorrow to go over my Tolkien as editor and translator piece -- if not here in the room in the morning then on the train ride east.

And so it's off for an early night. More later.

--John R.
current reading: GRETTIR'S SAGA (about a Viking afraid of the dark)
current viewing: R.W.B.Y.






*as in, things went well, or as well as they can go for an acrophobiac miles high off the ground

No comments: